Glasgow 2014 was the third Commonwealth Games for Jo, winning gold in the Singles against England's Natalie Melmore and competing in the Pairs discipline with Val Smith.
Jo represented New Zealand at the 2002 games in Manchester, where she won gold, and the 2006 games in Melbourne. Jo has also won four World Cups and four World Indoor Championships.
At what age did you start playing Bowls? 22
Why did you take an interest in Bowls? Played it in a sports all rounder and business house league. My mate (Val Smith) and I thought that we woud "give it a go".
Most memorable match?Commonwealth Games Pairs final against South Africa 2002. It was my first big international tournament and we were a few behind. To get up and win was very memorable.
Greatest influence in Bowls? Family and Friends. I am lucky to have a great support group. They keep me grounded while celebrating success.
Toughest opponent? Val Smith, who continually challenges me. Karen Murphy, we started playing for our respective countries at development level at the same time. We have played so much against each other at senior level and I enjoy our encounters.
Aspiration in Bowls? To keep enjoying playing at a high level. With that comes success from New Zealand - hopefully.
Advice for new players? Get coaching early. Listen and learn and practice, practice, practice.
- 5 National Titles
- 4 Golden Nugget Invitation Singles Gold
- 3 Kingscliffe Invitational Pairs Gold
- 2017 World Cup Indoor Singles-Winner
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Singles- Gold
- 2013 World Cup Indoor Singles- Winner
- 2011 World Cup Indoor Singles- Winner
- 2011 Champion of Champions Singles- Gold
- 2010 World Cup Indoor Singles- Winner
- 2009 World Cup Indoor Singles- Winner
- 2008 World Bowls Pairs- Gold
- 2004 World Bowls Paris- Gold
- 2002 Commonwealth Games Pairs- Gold
Date of Birth: 5 February 1970
Current Club: Pine Rivers, Aus - United bowling club, NZ
Cap #: 35
Capped Event: 2001 Asia Pacific Games, Moama Australia
Bowls Used: Henselite Dreamline XG Size 4
Commonwealth Games Disciplines: Singles and Pairs