COVID-19 Level 1 & 2 Recommendations-17/02/2021 Update


Club News, COVID-19, Featured, News

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Image

17 February 2021

Auckland – please see the Covid-19 Guidelines (below) relevant to Alert Level Two and your bowling club. We recommend to all Auckland bowling clubs that there is reduced activity on greens and wider rinks this week/weekend – keep to social distancing, maintain excellent hygiene standards and ensure that everyone scans/signs into your club.

The rest of New Zealand – support the government recommendations and stay healthy and alert.

Summerset National Fours and Mixed Pairs - whilst we will continue to monitor Alert Levels and the implications for the Summerset National Fours and Mixed Pairs (due to commence on the 25th February), we are comfortable that our National Event can proceed as planned. Aucklanders travelling to the event – please be mindful of the Alert Level Two travel guidelines (wear Facemasks).

Kia Kaha New Zealand – lets stay alert and healthy.

Bowls New Zealand Covid-19 Alert Level 2 Recommendations as at 14/02/2021

15 February 2021

We have been asked by a few people if the Summerset National Fours and Mixed Pairs will still happen (February 25 – March 3), given the current Covid restrictions. The simple answer is, we will wait and see what the next three days deliver, before making further decisions.

However to assist in planning, we offer the following scenario…., if Auckland remains at Alert Level Three next week and the rest of the country is at Alert Level Two (including Central Otago), then we will likely continue with the Summerset National Fours and Mixed Pairs for the rest of the country – subject of course to needing to redraw teams and ensuring government protocols are observed during the event (rinks per green, contact tracing etc).

The above follows the guidelines Bowls New Zealand promoted to the community late 2020, for National Events – see link below

https://bowlsnewzealand.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/Contingency-Plans-2021-National-Tournaments.pdf

 

14 February 2021

Dear All,

With the announcement today that the country is to return to a higher Covid-19 Alert Level status than we have been able to enjoy in the past few months, we wish to re-issue our recommendations to clubs and players with regard to activity at bowling clubs. (See attached below)

First and foremost, we wish to ensure that all club members remain safe and healthy.

To this end we recommend that where clubs are under a Level 3 restriction (greater Auckland region – Wellsford to Pukekohe), clubrooms should remain closed and no (zero) bowls activity should take place on the greens.

For the rest of the country, while under Alert Level 2 restrictions, we recommend reduced activity on greens, achieved through wider rinks (six rinks per green maximum), and that social distancing and a high standard of hygiene in the clubhouse and on the greens are practiced at all times.

Regardless of the Alert Level you are operating within, if you are feeling unwell, please seek medical assistance and do not visit your bowling club.

It is hoped that by remaining as vigilant as we have been in the past, we can all return to the relative security of Alert Level 1 in the very near future.

We will provide updates as and when necessary and, in the meantime, urge you to stay safe and keep connected.

Kia Kaha New Zealand

Bowls New Zealand Covid-19 Alert Level 2 Recommendations as at 14/02/2021

Bowls New Zealand Covid-19 Alert Level 3 Recommendations as at 14/02/2021